Professionals That Care!
When it comes to proper care around your house, one of the most important things you’ll want to take pride in caring for starts outside. More specifically, your lawn. It takes time, effort and a year-round commitment to keeping a healthy green lawn and mowing the lawn simply won’t cut it. At Broward Landscape, our experienced workers pride themselves in working day in and day out when it comes to refurbishing front yards, lawns and all. Throughout the next few blogs, we’ll be sharing some lawn care tips that you can use to help make sure that your lawn stays fresh and green.
You can save time and money with proper watering techniques. Of course, water is essential to all lawns, but too much or too little water can harm them. Not enough water can cause the grass to grow shallow roots and sets your lawn up for trouble in hot weather. Over watering, on the other hand, establishes a perfect environment for lawn diseases. Here are just a few handy watering tips to consider as well:
- Avoid watering your lawn during the night, as it can invite mildew and fungus to disrupt the plant life.
- Deep, infrequent watering is far better than light, frequent watering
- In general, your lawn should require about one-inch of water per week from rainfall or a sprinkler system.
While we did say that simply mowing your lawn won’t cut it when it comes to being the end-all way you can take care of your lawn, it’s still a vital part of proper lawn care. Weekly lawn mowing is an essential part of proper lawn care, as it helps to build resilient turf that’s less susceptible to damage from lawn diseases and outdoor insects and pests. Regular maintenance mowing is key to keeping your lawn in healthy condition, but you need to make sure that you mow correctly. Improper mowing is one of the most common causes of lawn damage. Using the wrong type of mower or incorrect mowing techniques can do significant damage to your lawn. Proper mowing has a big impact on the health and appearance of your lawn. If you’re looking to get the most out of mowing your lawn, here are a few tips to take note of:
- Don’t mow in the same direction every time. This can compact the soil.
- Never mow the lawn when the grass is wet. This can cause uneven cuts and a messy look. Also, it can clog your lawnmower causing more maintenance.
- Make sure your lawnmower blades are always sharp and clean and replace them if they start to dull.
Like we stated before, these are just some of many lawn care tips that we’re sharing, and we’ve only just begun! We hope that these tips we presented today are helpful and can help you go just a bit further when it comes to proper maintenance in your lawn. As always, when it comes to giving your backyard the refurbishment it needs, Broward Landscape is South Florida’s top choice! Until next time, have a lovely day.