Do you have well-cut landscaping at your home or business? If you don’t, maybe it’s something worth considering. In fact, a beautifully landscaped lawn can make a world of difference for your property. Whether it is for family or customers to admire. It does boost curb appeal, improve first impressions, and generate positive feelings.
Whether you’re looking to add greenery, flowers, or other enhancements to your yard or commercial property, consider the range of benefits you can expect from adding diverse landscaping to your property.
Trees and Green Grass Provide Cooler Temps
- A simple grass lawn is cooler than asphalt, cement, and bare soil. With grass radiating cooler temperatures all around your home or business, you can actually lower your air-conditioning needs.
- Did you know that taller trees on the south and west sides of a home or building can provide shade during the hottest times of day and lower attic temperatures by as much as forty degrees? They also can reduce glare through the windows.
- How many know how hot it is to walk downtown on a hot summer day? Walking on the sidewalk or through a parking lot is like walking on hot coals during the heat of the day. The heat coming up from the grounds can be miserably hot. Planting more grass and trees in these areas can create very helpful necessary shade and cooling! The cooling effects of grass and shady trees lower the overall temperature of urban areas, making it more pleasant to be outside.
Landscapes are Good for Air & Water
- Did you know that grass and trees work every day capturing dust and smoke particles, removing carbon dioxide, and producing life-giving oxygen? Of course you did. In fact, a single tree can remove twenty-six pounds of carbon dioxide from the air every year, canceling out the emissions of driving a car 11,000 miles. So, planting grass and trees is one simple way that all of us can help protect the environment!
- Another interesting fact that supports landscapes with trees is that one tree can also supply enough oxygen for four people every day. What a great reason to plant a tree!
- With storm seasons, especially in Florida, lush landscapes can also help. They act as stormwater runoff buffers, reducing the flow of sediments and pollutants to nearby bodies of water. In effect, plants help filter out pollution from the water on its way to a city’s source of drinking water.
Outdoor Living Areas Improve Quality of Life
- Landscaping improves quality of life in cities with several benefits. For example, just looking at plants is shown to reduce blood pressure. Walking through a natural environment, even in the middle of a city, improves attention and memory. People living in neighborhoods with community green spaces report lower stress levels and lower healthcare costs.
Landscapes Offer Economic Benefits
- Businesses that have high-quality landscapes tend to be more successful? It’s true! Customers claim to spend more money on goods and services if the commercial building has a high-quality tree canopy. Shoppers say they’re willing to travel longer distances to shop in a district with better landscaping. They also say they stay longer once they arrive if the landscaping is peaceful.
- As a homeowner, you are looking for ways to gain the best benefit for your investment. When you landscape your yard, you can rest assured that your investment will increase your home’s market value. Homebuyers are usually willing to spend more on a house if it has professional landscaping, both front and back. This seems like a completely obvious point, but you would be surprised.
Water Features Make Landscaping One-of-a-Kind
- Aesthetically pleasing water features placed in your landscape can add unique texture, natural sounds, and new wildlife to your property. Finding the perfect backdrop for any outdoor living area can help turn a boring landscape into one the neighbors or community will remember. So whether it is a pond for koi fish or a waterfall, you rally can’t lose.
- Water features also require very little maintenance and don’t consume a lot of water thanks to circulating pumps.
Retaining Walls Prevent Erosion
- If your property is located on a hill, a retaining wall prevents elevated soil from sliding toward the building when it rains. The barrier is practical, but it can also add to the appearance of your landscaping.
- Retaining walls can create tiered pathways, spots for additional seating or a creative garden area. In some cases, a retaining wall may provide privacy too.
- Many different materials are available for retaining walls, offering design flexibility for your property. The experts at The Grounds Guys can offer numerous suggestions that will be sure to meet your needs.
As cities continue to grow, the need for community green spaces and personal backyard oases will keep expanding as well. In fact, landscaping is vital for a healthy body and mind. When you choose to add creative landscapes, you are even helping the environment and boosting your bottom line if the landscape design is implemented correctly.
Broward Landscape is the South Florida leader in landscape design, outdoor living spaces, outdoor kitchens, bars, outdoor fire pits, exterior lighting, pavers, decking, walkways, tree care, sprinkler repair, pergolas and arbors. Our reputation and results speak for themselves. This includes large-scale corporate environments, city parks, shopping malls and apartment complexes, condominiums and homeowner associations. Our experienced landscaper designers set the standard each day in landscape design and hardscaping. We are the landscapers that light up your life!